The Collaborative Learning sessions had its impetus from the Founder-Director of the Centre itself, Prof. Dr. Wan Mohd Nor Wan Daud, meant to facilitate mastery in both Arabic and English languages as there exist among the students those who master one but had the other in lacking. Soon, the sessions grew in its scope to include other subjects or any raising academic concerns. As the students became more organised by the formation of the CASIS Students Society (CSS), it became a matter of standard operation procedure that anyone who finds himself lacking in something that one of his friends is blessed in abundance could organise a “Collearn” session and invite others to chip in. CASIS students to encourage among themselves to share and discuss in a collaborative manner in the spirit of Budaya Ilmu and community building.
The following is a list of Collearn sessions held so far:
- External Muslim Dilemma, 5th Oct 2013 11.30am-1.30pm [Seminar Room 1, CASIS UTM KL], discussions led by Syed Muhiyyuddin al-Attas.
- Decolonialization and Dewesternization, 12th Oct 2013 11.30am-1.30pm [Seminar Room 1, CASIS UTM KL], discussions led by Wan Mohd Aimran.
- Internal Muslim Dilemma, 18th Oct 2013 11.30am-1.30pm [Seminar Room 1, CASIS UTM KL], discussions led by Syed Muhiyyuddin al-Attas.
- Al-Attas’ Philosophy of History, 30th Oct 2013 10am-12pm [Seminar Room 1, CASIS UTM KL], discussions led by Aisyah Ngadiran.
- Ibn Khaldun’s Muqaddimah, discussions led by Aisyah Ngadiran.
- Ibn Khaldun’s Muqaddimah, discussions led by Muhammad Husni Mohd Amin.
- Theodicy in Western Philosophy: A case for Descartes, Leibniz and Spinoza, and Cartesian Mathematicism, 21st April 2014, 1100-1330, Scholars Deli, by Syed Muhiyuddin al-Attas.
- Aristotle and the Secularization of the Greek Mind, 2 May 2014, around 1100 (After meeting with Prof Zainiy at 0930), by Syed Muhiyuddin al-Attas.
- From Descartes to Kant, 9th of May 2014, 1000-1200, by Syed Muhiyuddin al-Attas.