Doctor of Philosophy
Field : Management
The program is an advanced research degree which involves an academic exercise to produce a research thesis under the close supervision of a faculty member. The PhD thesis should make scholarly contributions in the chosen field of study.
The PhD program usually takes three years (full time) or six years (part-time) to complete. Students will be supervised by academic staff who will advise them on the direction and structure of the research throughout the entire PhD study. The student will work closely with supervisor(s) during the first year which is the design phase. Following a successful defense session, students would start to gather research data in the second year, and write their thesis in the final year students.
At the end of the program, graduates are able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills related to field of management.
- Analyse and solve problem scientifically, critically and creatively using innovative approach in management field.
- Plan, manage and lead activities in an organization effectively and professionally.
- To communicate effectively at different level of organization.
- To acquire, manage and evaluate information related to management field continuously.
FIELD OF STUDY
- human resources
- human resource development
- organizational leadership
- organizational change and development
- adult learning
- industrial psychology
- organizational psychology
- cross-cultural management
- crisis management
- organizational communication
- organizational safety and health
- mental health issues and prevention
Credit : 0
Choose 1 Course
- Seminar on Global Development, Economic and Social Issues
- Malaysian Society & Culture
- Seminar on Science Philosophy and Social Development
- Bahasa Malaysia Akademik 1
(only for Malay-background international students from Indonesia, Brunei, Thailand and Singapore)
A Master’s Degree from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognized by the Senate; or Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree and experience in the relevant field recognized by the Senate; or Candidate who a currently registered in a Master’s Degree programme at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, and approved by the Graduate Studies Committee of the respective faculty and the Senat
English Requirement (International Students Only)
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.