Master of Education (Mathematics) (MPPM)
Master of Education (Mathematics) MPPM – Taught Course
- A Bachelor’s Degree with good honours from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- A qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree and experience in the relevant field recognised by the Senate.
All students who are applying to UTM must have a valid two years certificate in TOEFL, IELTS or CFER. Details of the scores are as in the UTM Admission website.
Education Pre-requisite Courses for those do not have Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Education: –
– LPP1113 Education Foundation I
– LPPP1123 Education Foundation II
– LPPP1133 Education Foundation III
Students are required to complete a total of 45 Credit Hours according to the following course elements:
University Elective Course
– compulsory for master and PhD programmes
• The School of Education offers UPPF 6033 (Dynamics of Leadership) as the University Elective Course . Nevertheless, students can also register for other university elective courses (refer to SPS website).
• PhD students who were UTM master’s students can apply for transfer of credit for this course.
|Programme Core Courses (Compulsory)||Elective Courses|
Master (taught course)
MPPT 1105 Research Study I (proposal : chapters 1-3)
MPPT 1205 Research Study II (report: all chapters 1-5)
• You are advised to take MPPU 1024 (Research methodology) before you register Research Study I and MPPU 1034 (Statistics) before you register Research Study II.
• RS I and RS II must be taken towards the end of your study (RS II in your final semester).
• RS I and RS II can not be registered in the same semester
• Regular meetings with supervisor is required (marks given for attendance) and please check important dates (eg. date of submission) at the faculty’s website (not SPS website). Supervisors have the right to fail students if they do not discuss their work even though students come up with the complete report at the end of the semester
Master of Education (Mathematics) MPPM – Mixed Mode
Programme Specialisation Course
Students must complete all taught course elements before registering for dissertation.
– Please refer to the dissertation code guideline when registering for your dissertation.
– Progress report should be submitted every semester starting the semester you register your dissertation.
– Proposal presentation (internal examiners)
– Viva voce (internal examiners)
– Proposal and viva voce can be done in the same semester
Master of Philosophy (MPPM) – Research
– Students must register research code every semester, starting from the first semester. Make sure you register the right code.
– Progress report – every semester (GSMS – online)
– Students must submit their proposals by the end of their 2nd semester.
– Proposal presentation (2 internal examiners)
– Conversion to PhD – terms and condition applied
– Viva voce (1 internal and 1 external examiners)
• Viva voce
– NOTICE for thesis submission 3 months prior to submission (GSMS)
– Students are required to publish in at least one refereed journal/ book chapter/ proceeding before being able to submit
– Plagiarism check (eg: turnitin report) – each chapter and overall
– Students must have at least be active for 2 semesters before submitting their thesis.
For more info can go to : Fees
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Megat Aman Zahiri Megat Zakaria
Director of Science and Mathematics Education & Creative Multimedia
School of Education
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Norulhuda bte Ismail