Master of Physics Education (MPPF)
International Student English Language Requirement
All students who are applying to UTM
- Must have a valid two years certificate in TOEFL or IELTS
Students will be enrolled in a faculty programme without undergoing UTM English courses, if:
- TOEFL score: 550 (or 79 IBT) OR
- IELTS band: Band 6
Starting from Semester II 2010/2011, class will be taught in English as the Second Language. So they must have:
- A valid two years certificate of TOEFL with a score 600 and above OR
- IELTS: band 7 and above (or IBT/CBT equivalent)
However, students with:
- Low or without IELTS (Academic) OR
- Without IELTS/TOEFL OR
- Who will sit for the UTM English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT)
Will have these options:
- Attend and Complete Intensive English Course (IEC) – Low Intermediate
- Attend and Complete Intensive English Course (IEC) – Intermediate
- Attend and Complete IELTS Preparatory Course (IPC)
Education Pre-requisite Courses for those who do not have Diploma in Education:
- LPPP1113 Education Foundation I
- LPPP1123 Education Foundation II
- LPPP1133 Education Foundation III
University Elective Course :
Compulsory for master programmes
• The Faculty of Education offers UPPF 6033 (Dynamics of Leadership) as the University Elective Course.
Nevertheless, students can also register for other university elective courses (refer to SPS website).
Students are required to complete a total of 45 Credit Hours according to the following course elements:
Master (taught course)
Research Study I (Proposal : chapters 1-3)
Research Study II (All chapters)
• You are advised to take MPPU 1024 (Research Methodology) before you register RS I and RS II. Research Study I and MPPU 1034 (StaCsCcs) before you register Research Study II.
• RS I and RS II must be taken towards the end of your study (RS II in your final semester).
• RS I & RS II can not be registered in the same semester
• Regular meetings with your supervisor is required (marks are given for attendance) Please check important dates (e.g. date of submission) at the faculty’s website (not SPS website). Supervisors have the rights to fail students if they do not discuss their work with the supervisors throughout the semester even though the students submitted a complete report at the end of the semester.
Programme Specialisation Course
Students must complete all taught courses before registering for dissertation.
– Please refer to the dissertation code guideline when registering your dissertation.
– Progress report should be submitted through GSMS every semester starting the semester you register your dissertation.
– Proposal presentation (internal examiners)
– Viva voce (internal examiners)
– Proposal and viva voce can be proceeded in the same semester
– Students must register research code every semester, starting from the first semester. Make sure you register the right code.
– Progress report – every semester (GSMS – online)
– Students must submit their proposals by the end of their 2nd semester.
– Proposal presentation(2 internal examiners)
– Conversion to PhD – terms and conditon applied
– Viva voce (1 internal and 1 external examiners)
• Viva voce
– NOTICE for thesis submission must be submitted 3 months prior to the thesis submission using GSMS
– Students are required to publish in at least one refereed journal/ book chapter/ proceeding before allowed to submit their theses
– Plagiarism check (eg: turnitin report) – each chapter and overall
– Students must have at least be active for 2 semesters before submiting their theses.